Where In The World Is My Bike?
A few of these minor brain teasers popping up on sydneycyclists of late .
Here is a local one ;-) I was actually photographing the local flora (eek!) in the first instance.

Views: 8988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Opposite #125 in fact. The streetscape had changed slightly from Google Earth, but the tree on the right helped pinpoint it!

Here's one of mine. Probably another easy one, but I've cropped it to make it a bit of challenge. WITWIMB?

Is that the new patch of shared path at Railway Terrace Edwardstown?

Yes, told you it was easy! Here's the uncropped photo, with the train line on the left.

That path had that "just laid" look about it when I first used it a week or two ago. Another small scrap of off road path to make cyclists lives just a little bit better!

Going away from the city, it eliminates one Stop sign.  Going towards the city, the road is a better proposition as it leads into the roundabout at the north end better than the path does.

Actually it replaces a Stop sign with a Give Way (at Delaine Ave). The gain is in the separated path, albeit not on a terribly busy road. Going to the city, I prefer a couple of hundred metres of separated path over a slightly more convenient approach to a quiet roundabout.

If I have a criticism, I wish a way could have been found to move it a couple of metres closer to the train line, because they've sacrificed a lot of off-street parking to make it; and I think parking near train stations should be encouraged.

I didn't think the northern exit was too bad, admittedly that was on a Sunday ride.

Not sure if I've put this one up before, but I've run out of new pictures:

Witwimb?

Patpa Dr, Hallett Cove/Sheidow Pk, just where the bike path drops off the edge of the railway formation (currently occupied by the road).

Spot on.

Beat me to it! Was looking along there @-/

RSS

MidSeason wk20 - 120x600

Support our Sponsors

© 2017   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service