Hello,

I'm keen to start a BUG up here in Mount Barker, for anyone who rides, lives, works, or visits up this way. 

Please reply or PM me if you're interested in being involved.

Thanks,

Dave

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dave,   Don't know if you've had any interest in your Mt Barker BUG proposal but I'd encourage you to be persistent with the idea. As I'm sure you will be aware, a very effective and very credible BUG can consist of just 2-3 interested people! One thing - I've just recently 'discovered' facebook (actually 'come to terms with facebook' might be a better way of putting it) and understood some of its communication and information-sharing potential. You can get a feel for this potential by checking out Active Transport Adelaide, a facebook group started about 3 weeks ago. This group now has 112 members, many who live in the City and CBD, who are actively posting, sharing and learning from each other. Of course a facebook group is not a BUG. It doesn't have all of the capacities - for the on-the-ground surveying, for prioritisation and strategy development, for planning and writing proposals and for campaigning and holding Councils and Government to account - that a BUG needs. But a f/b group does seem to have useful potential in the process of developing and running a BUG, so I'd encourage you to consider setting one up. It's pretty easy and straightforward - much easier than a web site!

Sam, PortBUG. 

Dave, it is actually easy to set up a webpage on Adelaide Cyclists forum.
Currently 67 groups and several are BUGs.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2018   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service