Just wanted to find out if anyone knows if it's illegal to ride a bike with headphones on / In ?

Just heard a someone from the Pedestrian Council (apparently its a thing) state that it was against the law to ride a bike whilst wearing headphone, it was however a law that just never gets inforced. 

They were discussing the possibility of fining people who cross roads etc whilst wearing headphones or looking at devices, and as these discussions tend to do on Talkback radio, it veered into moaning about cyclists... 

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know this is just way off topic but couldn't help myself :-) "magpies are smart?" yeah right (sarcasm on big time).  Let me just think for a second.  10 mths of the year I ride down a road, I see the magpie with family standing on the verge in  the shade and grass, I pass within metres of them.  They stop what they are doing, cock their head and watch as I pass not once looking concerned/threatened, they don't even flinch a muscle.  2 mths of the year same magpie sees me riding down the road in exactly the same helmet/bike/clothing - Magpie now sees me as a threat and attacks?  no, magpies are stupid!

End rant and hopefully end urban myth "magpies are smart"

Oh and I am smarter than the magpie, After the 1st attack of the season I use a different road and don't put cable ties on my helmet or stick eyes on it either more urban myths.

One day I'll get smarter, monitor magpie attack website and once 1st reports come in, ie others get attacked, I'll change roads before my nemesis get the first hit in.

(sarcasm off)  :-)

>Oh and I am smarter than the magpie, After the 1st attack of the season I use a different road and don't put cable ties on my helmet or stick eyes on it either more urban myths.

You don't need to take a different road, you are just doing it wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHreVKgOT4

good video :-) got a laugh.  I don't have a lot of hair, come to think of it, take my helmet off and there isn't a lot of difference in looks :-)

RSS

MidSeason wk20 - 120x600

Support our Sponsors

© 2017   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service