http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/law-order/car-crashes-into-giant...

Heather, this is a new spin on the term 'bicycle crash', I think David Southern didn't like my last addition to WITWIMB.

If anyone needs some bike repairs, please consider supporting these guys...

Views: 461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad nobody inside was hurt, I'm sure the driver's insurance will cover the rest. 

Hopefully the old man's licence has been suspended indefinitely.

“I opened up the car door and the elderly gentleman was there with his foot still flat to the floor,”

re: foot still flat to the floor...That could just be shock?(If I'm being kind) 

At what age do they start annual health checks to keep your licence?

This driver's family and GP have failed the community by enabling the driver and not having the 'difficult conversation' about "perhaps you're not fit to drive?" Thank goodness nobody was hurt or killed. 

Probably true. But we never talk about raising the minimum driving age every time a young person drives into a house (or worse).

The weak link in the chain is that there is no objective assessment of functional capacity at any stage, they just get their regular GP to sign a form. 

Young people learning to drive have to do the on-road driving test with a different driving instructor to the one they did all their driving lessons with, the same standard should be applied to assessing capacity to drive.

It's really something that should be handled by an independent Occupational Therapist, not a GP.

good thing i don't set foot in that store after all the repeated lies, warranty claim refusals, arrogant staff etc.

not my experience, they have been very friendly and helpful on the two occasions I was there, and will head in there again for some new inners as I had two flats on my last ride.

I have been treated very well there. On one occasion, was so impressed with a mechanic looking at my bike (well out of warranty) after I asked a question. He checked my front wheel bearings to make sure ok, taking time to answer other questions and then didn't charge a cent. I then bought a heap of stuff that I hadn't really gone in there for because I appreciated his time and attention. Great employee.

Nearly bought a bike from them a few years ago, but they failed the "what does this warranty offer me that is not already covered by the Australian Consumer Law" question.

[[My mention of it being "my bike" in my latest WITWIMB was not intended as a slight on you, Wayne.  The reference was because this particular machine has not appeared before, whereas my other 3 bikes have, multiple times.]]

Holy madooly! Glad no one was hurt!

So on the news last night they said they would be trading today.

I had booked my bike in for a service at 9.00 this morning (first time I have used them) but when I rocked up it was boarded up ,no lights , no signs.

I received a voicemail at 11.00 saying they would not be able to service my bike today (Der!) and would be closed indefinitely.

It will be a test of their customer service as to what happens next.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2018   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service