I've been riding the improved Frome Street bikeway this week, -- Frome 2.0

and I have to say it's a big improvement. the path itself ins't much of a change (concrete instead of Bitumen) but the entry and exits are so much better.

With the previous version [Frome 1.0], I would get beeped at least once a week by left turning drivers who felt I was diving off the footpath unexpectedly. Now with the wider concrete exits it's more of a safer merge.

I'm a big enough man to admit that ACC got it right this time.  A very rare Thankyou goes to ACC

I have also noticed that cars parking on that road (especially during the no standing in peak hours) are proving to be very frustrating for motorists (as they are for cyclists when they park in the bike lane). 

Views: 1195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rode it (as much as what's there) on Sunday and agree it's quite good. It just needs a few more bits done!

Yes the Rundle St / Grenfell St section is great to ride on.

Yes, I love what I've tried so far. The width seems adequate for overtaking, and I don't mind the narrowness in front of the hotel etc as its only for a tiny section.

While I occasionally encounter people walking on the bike path, I believe this will get better as the bikeway comes into full use and people expect it to be there. Some prominent signs on the path at pedestrian crossings may help though - even something like those 'look right' signs they have in Sydney!

I finally tried it. One block to go! (North Terrace to Rundle Street). 

Don't forget down the hill to the new high school !

So today I was able to ride along the whole length of the bike way on both sides. It’s not fully complete yet, but so close! The YourFutureAdelaide website has been updated to say they will be installing a bike counter on the corner of Pirie and Frome St too. Exciting! 

I think this is the bike counter wrapped in plastic

The bike counter goes live tomorrow at 10:00am 

Exciting, I’ll have to ride by!

Is it in one direction only?

One direction only.

A bike counter? I wonder how it differentiates?

This is from the last 3 months.  I don't use it every weekday, probably 6 times a week.  Most days, nothing to see except feeling nervous at each intersection.  

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2018   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service