Do you know of any compliant bollards in the Adelaide City Council?

Bollards are often irritating, and many of us have damaged our bikes or ourselves by hitting a bollard. After a cyclist was killed last year by hitting a bollard in Goolwa, BISA has decided enough is enough, and is campaigning to get dangerous and unreasonably obstructive bollards removed.

The item aroused the “disappointment” of the Adelaide City Council, so to be fair to them, we are trying to find one of their bollards that meets standards set for bollards. A midi-sized Haighs chocolate frog will go to someone who identifies such a bollard. But if none is identified, the frog will go to the person who identifies the worst bollard anywhere in South Australia.

More to the point, we will campaign to get it removed!

Bollards posted in this discussion (good and bad) will be considered an entry.  

Read more about the competition on the BISA website.  Entries close 17 April.

Here are the standards to make a bollard compliant.  There is another requirement  - that it should meet a proven need - but we are ignoring that one.  It would make it even harder to find a compliant bollard.

Views: 1717

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, it's madness through there at times, especially during the Corporate Cup weeks. I don't mind the foot traffic or the kids carrying their boats across the path, its when cars come down there too that things get tricky.

Maybe we could sing like this guy

that's brilliant! :)

That video makes Frome Road past the hospital look good by comparison.

Well - I am Laughing Out Loud!

It's official, worst bollard in Adelaide. and a chocolate frog to prove it. (no actual size)

Nice one! Yeah they sure are a bit bodgey those ones. What could one do better in place of?

Love it!

You can read BISA's monthly Pedal Update that starts with the bollards here.

This is at Darlington , the dirt track on the Western side of the Southern Expressway (Seacombe Road). These appeared about 12 months ago , there is another single bollard less than 10 metres behind me , a different size and a different color.  WHY ?   I just don't  "get it"

If they have to do bollards, I prefer them in a bit (10m or so), so we don't have to pass them when we are turning.  But I can understand placing bollards near the entrance to avoid motorists heading in and then having to back out, especially if it looks like a roadway.  But as you say; why have both?

New Bollards being installed on the Torrens Footbridge.

What is the source of the table at the top of page 1 of this discussion,describing a compliant bollard?
Pretty well all bollards I see are non compliant, even brand new bollards being erected are non compliant.

I think we need to establish we have the correct rules & then supply to all agencies & insist only compliants are created. Here is an example of one created in 2018.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2018   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service