Heather typically has details of alot of that stuff as part of the Adelaide BUG ... I think
The Barossa Cycle Hub at Tanunda has a maintenance station. I have seen but not used it.
BISA asked me this week. Did not know about western MTB or Tanunda.
1. Adl Airport has bike station that includes tools like pedal spanner. Discussion with photo on page 1.
2. Mile End Homemaker Centre is a blue bike repair station, near Freedom Furniture and The Good Guys. Discussion but photo link broken. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/bike-repair-station-mi.... Not installed by council, and centre management email address did not work.
3. "A new bike repair station has popped up at the Culvert-Charles Walk crossing on Unley Rd." Discussion on page 2. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/bike-repair-station-mi....
4. About Nov-2013 free bike pumps (don't know about other tools) installed by ACC:
-- outside the ACC Customer Service Centre, 45 Pirie Street, Adelaide
-- the BMX track off Unley Road
Incidentally, photos of two bike stations on Brisbane Bicentennial Bikeway. Sponsored by Graceville Bike Hub and South Bank corporation. http://briscycle.com/community-bike-repair-stations
Article in this week's local rag states that there is one on KW Rd at the start of the bike path.
Yes the local Messenger has an article on the new one next the Ultra Tune Service Centre on Unley Road. I was suprised to read that they cost $9500 each!
They state that they are an art feature - perhaps that is what pushes the price up so high. Either that or the solar panels that ensure that the station can be used at night ???? I will need to have a closer look but it seems hard to justify the expense to make them solar powered.
Its a good idea .... perhaps it would have been better to reduce the art and bring the price down by 1/3 ..... then install more at a cheaper rate.
That $9500 figure would usually include the cost of installation.
If paving needs to be pulled up and the post bolted onto a concrete foundation, that work could be quite costly.
The art feature part of it would probably come from a separate part of the council's budget. I approve of street art (and bikeway art - the City of Marion's chain link sculptures are particularly good!) as I'd hate to live in a drab concrete city with no soul.
A bike repair station at Adl Uni.
New bike maintenance station installed on North Terrace Campus featuring a foot pump with pressure gauge, allen keys, screw drivers and other handy devices for getting your bike back on the road.
Current locations include Napier bike cage and Elder Hall east. Barr Smith Lawns and Ingkarni Wardli locations coming…stay tuned.
Greg, will you please consider creating and updating a map of bike service stations.
An example is water for drinking http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/page/fresh-drinking-water-adelaide
The bike repair station at the western end of the MTB is a Bike fixtation one, a US company, installed via Holdfast Council (thanks Colin).
The station at the King William Rd end of the MTB supported by Unley Council:
The repair stations at Adelaide Airport were supplied by Leda Securities (as advised by Adelaide Airport employee). To me they look identical to the ones at the Mile End homemaker centre, and Adelaide Uni.
A query by a local councillor prompted me to summarise info.
Can anyone please provide missing data and more locations?
1. Adelaide Airport – bike station with tools by Leda Security – installed for AAL – water, toilet & shower nearby – http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/adelaide-airport-cycli...
2. Adelaide, 45 Pirie Street, ACC Customer Service Centre – bike pump – don’t know about other tools – installed for Adelaide City Council
3. Adelaide, North Terrace, University of Adelaide – bike stations with tools by Leda Security – installed for University of Adelaide – water and toilet nearby – behind Bonython Hall, 60 metres downhill from T-junction of North Terrace and Pulteney Street – current locations include Napier bike cage and Elder Hall east – pending locations Barr Smith Lawns and Ingkarni Wardli – https://www.facebook.com/Ecoverstiy – http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/new-bike-repair-statio...
4. Adelaide, Unley Road vicinity, BMX track in parklands – bike pump – don’t know about other tools – installed for Adelaide City Council
5. Glenelg, Moseley Square, Mike Turtur Bikeway at western end – bike station with tools by Bike Fixtation – installed for Holdfast Bay Council – http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/bike-repair-service-st...
6. Mile End, Mile End Homemaker Centre – bike station with tools by Leda Security – installed for business – http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/bike-repair-station-mi...
7. Tanunda, Langmeil Road (main street), Barossa Cycle Hub – bike station with tools – plus toilet & shower – http://www.barossaherald.com.au/story/2828157/barossa-cycle-hub-now...
8. Unley, Mike Turtur Bikeway, Unley Road, Culvert Street to Charles Walk crossing – bike station with tools by Art Re Cycle – http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/bike-repair-station-mi... – http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/bike-repair-service-st...
1. Brisbane, Brisbane Bicentennial Bikeway, Clem Jones Promenade near the Wheel of Brisbane, beside the water – bike station – installed for Graceville Bike Hub and South Bank Corporation – http://briscycle.com/community-bike-repair-stations
2. Brisbane, Brisbane Bicentennial Bikeway, Little Stanley Street southern end – bike station – installed for Graceville Bike Hub and South Bank Corporation – http://briscycle.com/community-bike-repair-stations
3. Sydney, Sydney Harbour Bridge – bike station with tools by Bike Fixtation – http://www.bikefixtation.com/products/public-work-stand.html
Would appreciate the addition of GPS coordinates:
-- many cyclists have GPS
-- some locations not easy to find (on uni campus)
-- would help visiting cyclists. The Adl BUG draft air travel resource includes link to SA locations.